Using brushes in Lightroom is a quick and easy way to make simple adjustments to your image. However, Adobe no longer supports the use of brushes in Lightroom Creative Cloud (CC). To get the most out of Summerana products, we highly recommend using Lightroom Classic, which is still available through the Adobe Creative Cloud suite. We will be using Summerana’s Light and Airy Lightroom Preset & Brush collection to guide you through the process of installing brushes into Lightroom Classic.
Just FYI, the process of uploaded brushes is a bit more complicated than a preset, but it’s totally manageable if you take your time going over the steps and screenshots.
To begin with it’s important to know that I’m working from a Mac. If you’re working from a PC you’ll need to manually unzip the files and the buttons will be slightly different!
1. Open Lightroom Classic and navigate to the Lightroom Classic button in the top left corner. From here you’ll click on the Preferences button:
(On a PC I believe the Preferences button would be under the Edit tab.)
2. Now select the Presets tab, then navigate down to Show All Other Lightroom Presets, which will open the Adobe folder in the Finder application. Click on the Lightroom folder.
3. Find the Local Adjustment Presets folder, which is where you will copy and paste the Light and Airy brushes from their original folder into this one, like so:
(Make sure these are unzipped if on PC, and copied directly into that folder as opposed to being a folder within a folder.)
4. Restart Lightroom.
5. To find your brushes you will open up the Develop tab, select the dotted circle in the tools panel, then click the Brush button below that:
6. Just below the Brush panel you will find a clickable arrow in the Effect panel that will open up to all your installed brushes:
Here is a better view of that:
There you have it. Now you can select any brush and get started editing your image!
I hope that was helpful! If you’re stilling having trouble feel free to reach out our customer service team via email [email protected].
Such an informative post. Thanks